.

.
Welcome to the Orthodox Stitcher! Here you will find original, handcrafted cross stitch designs created with the Orthodox Christian in mind. The Orthodox Stitcher is an extension of Fearn Abbey Needleworks, where you will find more original cross stitch designs coming to you from the beautiful Northern Highlands of Scotland. My hope for The Orthodox Stitcher is that this will be a unique and blessed place for Orthodox Christians ~ and indeed, anyone who feels called to visit and stay awhile ~ to develop their creative side, and to honor God. Glory to God for all things!

PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY TO AFR

Much of the art and design you see on this blog is a labor of love and given to you absolutely free. It is my attempt to glorify God and share Christ with those who visit. If you particularly feel called to generosity, though, and wish to give money for anything you take or share, please make your donation to Ancient Faith Radio. AFR is an internet-based Orthodox ministry which is worldwide. They offer 24-hour-a-day, 365-days-a-year talk radio, music radio, podcasts, and blogs, all by and for Orthodox Christians, and for those interested in Orthodoxy. You can visit them HERE. And you can donate right on this blog via Paypal! Thank you so much for giving generously.

Please Give Generously to AFR

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Be Always With Christ :: Maxim Number One


Do you know, I'm a bit nervous doing this project. Nevertheless, forward we go. I feel so compelled, even called, to do this. So, I shall. My goal is to produce a finished design at least every two weeks. Sometimes I will; sometimes life will get in the way, I'm sure. I hope you will all be patient with me!


So...Maxim Number One, which I have been living with in my head for about a month, is just so, SO perfect for all Christians everywhere to remember at all times. 


I'm not sure why I chose Morning Glories. They just seemed "right" for this one.

Below I am showing you how I am finishing off this design and probably all of them. What I did was iron the piece, and then iron a medium-weight piece of fusible interfacing on, the same size as the mountboard. My mountboard is archival-grade, and a sort of grey color. I didn't want that to show through, hence the interfacing. Then, I used double-sided tape on the front, and stuck the piece exactly how I wanted it, onto the top of the mountboard. I have laced the back, and will probably go around with a piece of clear tape, and then add a piece of heavy card over that.

My plan for displaying these designs is twofold:  I am making a hanging display, but I also plan to place some, or just one, or a few, or who knows, pieces on little easels. The project for me will produce 56 finished pieces AND one huge piece. As I get my large display put together, I will show you what I'm doing. I am using Velcro so that I can change things around!


I hope you like this design! I have loved hearing from you AND hearing some of the wonderfully creative things you are doing with the project as a whole. I think it's fantastic, and I encourage everyone to BE CREATIVE! Of course, I am thrilled if you do the project as I am doing it, but I am equally thrilled if you take it and run with it!



Remember:  You can click the page link on the sidebar to get the charts at any time, and don't forget your printable!

Stay tuned for my thoughts on this, and other Orthodox-y thing!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Stacey! I have printed this off. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments!